Monday 27 November 2017

First Meeting, Oct 30th, week 1


Week 1, the week the course started. There was a first lecture and all the students were assigned to groups of about six people.

So, during this first instance of the course, I met my group members.
We presented ourselves to each other and talked shortly about our respective skills and interests relevant for this course. We have two people who have worked with 3D and game design quite a bit before, Alex and Daniel. Daniel with an extra interest in physics engines. Two people who program but haven't really worked much with game design , as I understood it, Benjamin and Antonio. Two persons who are a bit more on the project leading side of the spectrum, one of which is me, Emmeli, and the other with an additional interest in front-end design, Conrad. However we all come from a programming and coding background!

We also started brainstorming an idea, to find out what we might want to do!
We talked about VR, 3D and 2D, the pros an cons, the reasons why to use one or the other.
We talked about a strategic game, set in space, Space Risk. And we talked about not needing to use VR if it didn't really add much to the game experience, except maybe a cool gimmick.

There's also the uncertainty of the VR market. Will it really take off?

We also set up a google drive to use, and a slack, with which to communicate.
I took it upon myself to do that, and I'd also taken notes during this first meeting, which I put in the drive right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment