Wednesday 29 November 2017

Fourth Meeting, Nov 4th, week 2


This meeting I got help importing the eclipse project and got it to work with Daniels help.

We also formalized:
  • Where we communicate: slack (but a few of us needed to get used to using slack , not having used it before)
  • How often we meet? The lectures, plus 1 or 2 additional meetings per week
  • Where we keep information? Drive
--> most of these things we'd already started doing, it was just good to really formalize it, that this is how we did those things.

The week before I had thought about whether we needed a formal project leader or not. I felt that it would be easier to formalize who's responsibility it was to organize what to do, and make related decisions, but proposed team leader instead of project leader, because it felt more accurate, and I still wanted to code, and I felt more comfortable with "team leader" than "project leader", which felt a little pompous.
The others thought it was a good idea that I be team leader, since I'd already started organizing, doing a timeline, taking notes, planning meetings etc.
This way, it felt easier to delegate things to do, make lists and make we sure we do them equally, without feeling like I was maybe overstepping my boundaries and stepping on toes. Even if no one felt that way, it's still easier to have a clear OK from the rest of the group.

During this meeting we also started planning the first presentation, the First Pitch.
I copied the template and we divided up the pages to do between each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment