Friday 8 December 2017

Eleventh meeting, 4th Dec, week 6


For this meeting I had a few thoughts from last week, about how I would like to go forward.
We had divided up the coding stuff between us, and I had taken my part as well. However, this week I'd like to concentrate on getting the GDD finished.
So, even if I'd like to code and debug the game, I feel that it makes more sense for those who've written most of the game to do that, because it will take me some time to really get into it. And at this point we don't have time which we don't have.
Anyways, my time and resources are better spent on the GDD, and making sure we get everything that we need done.

I shared these thoughts with those of the group who could make the meeting, and they were fine with it.

We talked about the fixture problems that I had,  and I asked questions about how they and the code worked. I had made a few of the objects into 3D objects, but a few of them seemed to use coordinates when being created as 2D objects, which didn't translate into the way the 3D objects worked, so they seemed to disappear. I also wasn't sure about the disposal of the 3D objects. Daniel looked at it, and said he could fix it. And I could finally focus on the GDD and rest of the planning.

We also talked about the camera and decided to have fixed camera to see whole level, to see the whole craziness of the raggdoll and physics, and be able to plan you're next move.

Finally we decided to have a meeting over voice chat on Tuesday night to make a final merging of the code, during which all those who had coded should preferably be present.

With Daniel's fixes, the game now looks like this:


The remaining work

For the rest we divided up the remaining work like this:

Emmeli
  • write in GDD,
  • fix with presentation
  • make sure we get everything done in time
Alexander
  • Finish Explosive clone,
  • write in GDD
Conrad
  • Website,
  • write in GDD
Daniel
  • fix LevelElement (so that 3D works as it should),
  • fix camera angle (wide, see whole level)
  • Colours
  • Write about Tech in GDD
Benjamin
  • Debug code?
Antonio
  • Debug code?

The demo presentation


We also prepared the last presentation, what was in it, how long each part shouls take and who should talk about what.

20 min
  • 30 sec intro video of game
  • 30 sec presentation slide (name of game etc)
  • 1. Target Group (~2min) Emmeli
  • 2. Technical reqs/platform (~2min30sec) Daniel
    • Physics
    • Graphics
    • Hardware
  • 3. Game Concept (~3min30sec) Conrad
    • Explain what the game is
    • Explain clones
    • Story (SHORT) Alex
    • USPs
    • Screenshots of relevant parts of the game
  • 4. Businessplan (~3min) Emmeli
    • Workshop Alex
  • 5. Questions + gameplay by other students (~8min)

I made the presentation and then we each wrote the text on the slides that we would talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment