Friday 8 December 2017

End of week 6


When the merging of the code was done, we needed to concentrate on writing in the GDD. We had already a lot written, but there was still a lot more to write, and it was hard to get across to the whole team, that we needed to write about parts that we hadn't specifically worked with during the project.

In the end it was Alexander and I who made the bulk of the GDD, however the others wrote about the specific parts where they had done most of their project work.

But that might have been for the best because I think we had the same vision for the GDD, and we worked well together.

I went through the GDD several times fixing the formatting, reworking parts, and adding pictures and footnotes for the references.

I also shared the almost final versions with the group to get help with proofreading and catching inconsistencies.

For the coding and the demo, there were one particular thing left to code, the saws. However we had a discussion Wednesday evening if we should change the menu or not, so that the unlocking of clones was gradual. I thought we should not add functionality so late in the project, however it turned out it was a small fix and it worked well. Daniel also fixed the gradient colors of the background, which made a big difference to the look of the game. I tweeked the colors of the objects and the background for it to look like the concept art. However, I realized after the demo, that I had reversed the colors… It would have been a quick fix if I had caught it earlier. However, that is a minor detail, the gradient was still far better than the black background.

As seen below, its the same colors mostly, but reversed. The first picture is the concept art, the second is the final Demo look.





During the end of the week I tried to keep the group updated on what was left, and tried delegating a lot of it, such as the video. However the GDD was still the biggest part where I couldn't really delegate because it just needed to be done and it would take longer to convince someone else to write something where I already had an idea of what to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment